Faculty and Staff
- David Bruning (david.bruning(at)uwp.edu, Associate Professor)
- Dileep Karanth (karanth(at)uwp.edu, Senior Lecturer)
- Pirooz Mohazzabi (pirooz.mohazzabi(at)uwp.edu, Professor)
- George Perdikaris (Emeritus)
- Jeffrey Schmidt (jeff(at)rustam.uwp.edu, Chair Math and Physics, Associate Professor)
- Lorraine Haeffel (Lorraine.Haeffel(at)uwp.edu, Acad. Dept. Associate 262-595-2326)
- Lyuba Pidcock (pidcock(at)uwp.edu, Laboratory Manager).
- Vincent Shaff (shaff(at)uwp.edu, Electronics specialist).
- Physics wishes its 2013 graduates Sam, Krishna, Jairo and Doug all the best.
- Physics Major Jairo Guerrero named GRO fellow.
- Physics is one of the top ten college majors in the UK.
- Get GEN_ED and DV and science credit all in one package with Astronomy 120, Astronomy of Native America.
- Get GEN_ED and science credit with Physics 150, The Physics of Music. Contact Dileep Karanth for details.
- This website has been tested for accessibility with WAVE and all of its pages have passed with no accessibility errors. Just to be on the safe side, it has been tested with and has passed Cynthia Says.
- Do you have a Kindle? You might want to use the Kindle Textbook Rental feature. There are other textbook options.
- Ecl, an excellent lisp implementation capable of building standalone executables.
- Quicklisp, the greatest thing since sliced bread, a solution to the
problem of managing lisp libraries.
- Linedit a readline-style library that provides customizable line-editing features for your
lisp REPL (if you are using ccl, cmucl, or sbcl).
- If you use cmucl, see CMUCL hints and install rlwrap, and
your REPL will have readline support.
- High-School Physics Teacher job openings.
- SOLAR login.
- Theoretical Physics e-prints arXive http://xxx.lanl.gov/.
- University of Wisconsin Electronic Library http://www.library.wisc.edu.
- Gnuplot plotting/graphing software.
- Library of Congress Virtual Reference Shelf http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/virtualref.html.
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside http://www.uwp.edu.
- Ghostscript Printing Software ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/ghost/aladdin/.
- Maxima a free, GPL'd computer algebra system, comparable to Mathematica.
- REDUCE is a free, research-grade computer algebra system. It is our CAS of choice.
- Axiom is a free, research-grade computer algebra system.
- Sage is a free, research-grade computer algebra system with Mathematica-style notebooks.
- OpenOffice free office suite, compatible with and replacement for Microsoft Office.
- Guide to Grammar and Writing http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/index.htm.